The California Shorthorn Breeders Association (CSBA) is a non profit corporation thats purpose is to contribute to the profitability of its members by increasing communication, protecting and promoting the development of the Shorthorn breed of cattle in California and enhancing the value of the breed through education.
CSBA members elect their peers to serve on the Board of Directors at the annual meeting held in Plymouth at the Spotlight on Quality Show and Sale. The Board of Directors elect a President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer (Sec./Treas can be one person). The Board sets the Bylaws, Policy and other rules of the organization.
Member benefits include:
1) A quarterly publication entitled The Shorthorn Quarterly.
2) Listing in our members directory on our website and any CSBA sponsored print directories.
3) Participation in our annual Spotlight on Quality sale.
Our main activities include:
- Through our quarterly newsletter: The Shorthorn Quarterly
- Through our website: http://www.californiashorthorns.com
- Through our membership directory.
2) Breed Promotion:
- Through our annual cattle sale and advertisements.
- We award scholarships to deserving Shorthorn Juniors with every year.